Thursday, July 21, 2005

Injustice Roberts

I wasn't sure I had a strong reason to dislike John Roberts, whom George W. Bush has nominated to the Supreme Court. Then, this morning, The New York Times carried a short piece with the information that Roberts had acted as an advisor to Jeb Bush in the aftermath of the 2000 Presidential election in Florida -- you know, the one that the Bushes stole, the one for which Democratic absentee oters like me were denied ballots?
If Roberts had anything to do with engineering what I believe to be a coup against our democratic system, he should be ineligible to the bench, and instead eligible for time behind bars. We all have our hot-button issues. This happens to be mine.
Well, at least knowing this has made my decision about whether to oppose him simpler ...