Monday, January 10, 2005

The Kindness of Strangers

One of the pleasures I am finding in blogging is that on occasion I can correspond with a stranger, either someone who has posted a comment to my blog, or someone to whose blog I have posted.
Either way, it's nice to share a message with someone who has a similar interest, or who can add perspective to a comment.
Today I heard from a guy named Chris, whose blog I stumbled across. He is writing a history of his efforts to diet and I sent him a few words of encouragement. I also added his blog to my list at the left, so if you are reading this, please take a moment to visit the HealthyEating blog and cheer him on.
So far I have not been flamed (or whatever the current blogger term for a nasty comment is), despite some of the unpopular political opinions I have espoused. I actually hope posting nasty comments to blogs is something that is not done frequently. It would be nice to find some area of life where there is a modicum of etiquette.
However, I suspect I have just been fortunate so far. There are so many blogs out there, I have just not attracted any vermin yet.