Sunday, June 19, 2005

Frustration

There is absolutely nothing I can easily do right now that I feel like doing.
I'm not hungry. I don't feel like watching TV. I'm not in the mood to read. I may take an egg out of the fridge and start a pysanky later on, when it comes to temperature, but I'm not sure I feel like doing that either.
If I have my workbench and some scrap wood I might saw some things up.
But I don't.
And that's my problem -- nothing that is at hand appeals to me at the moment. I could go to the gym, or to a movie, but neither option excites me.
Am I bored with my life?
Right now, I guess.
Sad thing is, I know that tomorrow when I have to work, I'll want to do all of the things stated above that I don't feel like doing now.
What a sucky Sunday afternoon.
I spent the last 7 hours in the car, driving my daughter up to the mountains to summer camp, then back with my wife and mother-in-law (I made my wife drive home, and sat, surly, in the passenger seat).
Maybe it's that I miss my daughter terribly, even though she is such an angry teenager that in some ways it seems a relief she'll be gone for two weeks. I like having her around, though. Somehow, we understand each other even when we're feuding.
Maybe that's the whole of it. My comfort zone is about to come apart for the summer. My wife and mother-in-law are leaving for a summer trip to visit family later this week. When my daughter gets out of camp, she'll fly east and join them. So it's pretty much going to be me and the pets for the next several weeks.
I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. Solitude is great when you want it, but not when others foist it on you.
I'll be better later, I guess.