Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Still Trying to Dodge the Bullet

Wonkette reports that W. and his spinners continue to try to convince us that anyone believed, or reported, that New Orleans "dodged the bullet" in the hurricane. From a press briefing yesterday:

Q Did they misinform you when you said that no one anticipated the breach of the levees?

THE PRESIDENT: No, what I was referring to is this. When that storm came by, a lot of people said we dodged a bullet. When that storm came through at first, people
said, whew. There was a sense of relaxation, and that's what I was referring to. And I, myself, thought we had dodged a bullet. You know why? Because I was listening to people, probably over the airways, say, the bullet has been dodged. And that was what I was referring to.


Sheesh. That lie didn't work when Michael Chertoff told it. Why are they still trotting it out?