Sunday, September 11, 2005

Words That Will Live in Infamy

My personal top 10 vile, asinine, heartless, arrogant, obnoxious comments from the Katrina disaster:
  1. "Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job." -- George W. Bush
  2. "Almost everyone I’ve talked to says we're going to move to Houston ... What I’m hearing which is sort of scary is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this [she chuckles slightly] is working very well for them." -- Barbara Bush
  3. "I remember on Tuesday morning picking up newspapers and I saw headlines, 'New Orleans Dodged The Bullet.'" -- Michael Chertoff
  4. "Now tell me the truth boys, is this kind of fun?" -- Tom DeLay
  5. "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees." -- George W. Bush
  6. "I think all of those remarks are disgusting, to be perfectly frank, because of course President Bush cares about everyone in our country." -- Laura Bush
  7. "We finally cleaned up public housing in New Orleans. We couldn’t do it, but God did." -- Rep. Richard Baker, R-La.
  8. “Michael Brown has done everything he possibly could to coordinate the federal response to this unprecedented challenge.” -- Michael Chertoff
  9. "Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house -- he's lost his entire house -- there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch." -- George W. Bush
  10. "They're all very thankful where they find themselves right now." -- Dick Cheney