Saturday, May 28, 2005

Let's Hear It For Nine Inch Nails

Activism in the name of freedom deserves widespread applause.
So here's a hand to Nine Inch Nails for pulling out of the MTV Movie Awards because the Viacom-owned network would not allow them to perform a protest song in front of an image of the U.S. President.
The image wasn't to be altered or defaced in any way, but evidently the lyrics of the song, "The Hand That Feeds" would not have been flattering to the chimpanzee in chief (sorry, chimps -- it's not fair to you, I know, but I'm feeling more angry than creative at the moment).
Viacom, of course, also owns CBS, which beheaded its own and kowtowed to the election thieves in the Bush/National Guard documents case, rather than maintain focus on the real, important question, which was Bush's record of service.
So, again, here's to Nine Inch Nails. I don't listen to their music, but I've heard them loud and clear this morning, and I'm right in line with them.